Art & Craft
Arts and Crafts for Kids
Arts and crafts are great for learners of all ages. With a wide range of decorative, and scientific arts and crafts activitieswe help the students to find lots of ideas to explore and get inspired.
The intention of the R.P.S is to create a change in the mind-set of human beings and a change in the human psyche. To attempt this child has to be brought up without coercion, fear, reward- punishment. It is in such an environment and in the midst of bountiful nature that human beings can understand freedom from fear, desire and ignorance.
Art and Craft program connects creativity and innovation at an early stage of children’s development. The program is designed to build skills, develop competencies and provide resources that support creative learning for our students. Most importantly, it gives children the chance to use their imagination.
Following programmes are executed at R.P.S :
- Painting as participatory activity
- Painting as subject for exams
- Wood work
- Sculptures – in stone, wood, ceramics, metal, paper etc
- Thread work – big loom, small – loom, embroidery, macramé etc
- Paper – craft, paper mache puppets etc
- Dance – in various forms of classical, folk and contemporary
- Theatre – as an art by itself and also as an integrating process of various art forms, languages, history, mythology, science and fiction
- Vocal music – as participatory activity and also for examinations
- Tabla - a north Indian drum for solo and as an accompanying musical instrument